Thursday, January 13, 2011

How Sad - The Madoff Story

One of Bernie Madoff's sons, Mark Madoff, apparently hanged himself in his apartment, on the second anniversary of his father's arrest on numerous charges for the ponzi scheme that bankrupted thousands of Americans.

Mark and Andrew turned their father in after he confessed his crimes to them on December 10, 2008. Can you even imagine how hard that had to have been for them? Personally, I think it speaks to their innocence, though both have been buried under accusations, with Andrew and his mother highlighted the most for investigation. Mark and Andrew literally grew up in their father's office. They knew no other business, but that of their father, and I have to believe that they knew what their father wanted them to know and not anything more, just like the investors who were bilked.

They were used to a life of privilege and reveled in their father's success. Who wouldn't? And which of you would be looking at your father to figure out if he was guilty of crimes that you were not aware of? Take, for example, serial killers and child molesters. How many of their family members are aware of what they are doing? Are they ever investigated for the crimes of their fathers?

Andrew Madoff is obviously a survivor, but how long can he continue to go on? He has a father serving 150 years in jail and is estranged from both of his parents. And now he has lost a brother. He has thousands of law suits against him and still faces years of litigation and public scrutiny. He is a man about to be married and I have to wonder how the couple's engagement has survived so far. I wish the both of them the best and my heart goes out to Andrew.

Granted, I did not lose a fortune with this man. I don't have a fortune to lose. But, if I had been, I'd like to think that I would not punish innocent people for my mistaken loyalty to a crook. I would hope that I can admit that I screwed up and that it was no one's fault but my own...and Bernie Madoff's. And that justice was done as he spends the rest of his life in prison. I feel no sympathy for him; he brought this on himself. But, I feel that making the lives of his children, his grandchildren, and probably their children miserable is almost as much a crime as what Bernie did to begin with.

There has to be an end to it somewhere, but unfortunately our legal system does not draw a line between justice and harassment. Where will it end?

Article Source

Everyone has lost data. Some by way of computer crash, or by deleting something by mistake. Most of us don't have the time, storage space, or expertise to back up our own data. We would like an easy way to do it. We would like for our data to be as safe as it would be on our own computer.

There is a place online where you can back up your data. Your data will be secure, and the backup with be free! Back up your media, photos, and files - do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment