Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Some Michael Douglas Films

With the recent release of Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps, I got to thinking about Michael Douglas' career. There weren't many movies that jumped out at me
that he has done in recent years, but after looking through his IMDB resume, I see that he has had quite his fair share of great films, not only recently, but throughout his career. This article will discuss what I consider to be Michael Douglas' greatest films up to this point.

The first film that I will mention is the predecessor to my inspiration to this article. I am, of course, talking about Wall Street. This Oliver Stone directed film was released in 1987 and nabbed Michael Douglas an Academy Award for Best
Actor in a Leading Role.

Another movie that I really enjoyed was The Game. I am not surprised, since this
film was directed by one of the best directors in the game today, David Fincher.
This psychological thriller also stars the great Sean Penn.

Another film that I feel compelled to discuss on this list is A Perfect Murder. This movie is actually a remake of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, Dial "M" for Murder.This film stars Douglas, along with Gwyneth Paltrow and Viggo Mortenson.

It goes without saying that any list of Michael Douglas movies has to include Fatal Attraction. I feel like in a lot of ways, this film was the predecessor to Basic Instrict. This movie stars Michael Douglas and Glen Close along with Anne
Archer.

The last movie that makes the cut for me is Traffic. Douglas plays the part of
Robert Wakefield in this incredible film about the war on drugs. This movie also
stars Benicio Del Toro and is directed by Steven Soderbergh.

As it stands, this is my Michael Douglas best-of list. There are still a few films
I have to see of his, but I think this is pretty much it.

Article Source
Ever deleted something by mistake? Has your computer ever
crashed and you lost all of your pictures, music, and files? Back up your computer. Do it now! Do it for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment